Pages

Welcome!

This blog is for those of us girls (and guys) who love everything artsy and enjoy the challenge of discovering new and exciting ways of creating something wonderful. We do not discriminate against any artform but are willing to try them all and pass on our knowledge to you. In addition, we love to feature our ATA Girlz (and guys) so that those people who can't draw a straight line - but love unique and handmade items - can help support our wonderful friends. Visit often to discover what we're "playing" with next!

Monday, December 10, 2012

Pecan FIngers! Christmas Cookies

15 Days and Counting

Can you believe it - -only 15 days left until all the excitement is over!  I know - I've been crowing about the fact that all my Holiday pressies have been bought or made and wrapped up ready to go. And now (thanks to a 3am start time on Sunday) all my cookies and treats are done and in containers ready to be shipped off or presented in person. Since I'm in the cookie mood - thought I'd share a favorite with you all.

Our family has always LOVED these cookies.  These finger-sized pieces of powered sugar delights are easy to make with few ingredients and one of our family staples.  At least until I can master the Hungarian Butterhorns Aunt Rosie used to always make - just can't get them quite right!   Anyhow - here's a recipe for you to try.

Pecan Fingers

Cream together:
1 cup butter
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 tblspn water
 
Mix in:
2 cups flour
2 cups ground pecans
 
Heat oven to 350
 
Make finger shapes by taking 1 large tsp of dough and rolling it into an oblong in the palms of your hands.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  May be placed close together as cookies do not raise.
 
Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly brown on edges
 
Immediately roll warm cookies in powdered sugar and place on wire rack to cool
 
Makes 5-8 dozen depending on size.

Enjoy -- and yes Diane - I made enough for you!   Happy Holidays everyone!


5 comments:

  1. 15 days? Yikes I didn't realize it was that close. The pecan finger look yummy, will have to give a try. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by - they are very tasty. I'm sure you will love them!

      Delete
  2. I will have to give these a try, they sound soooo good.I found your blog thru a link u from 4youwithlove blog, where you and I were featured. I thought she had a really fantastic idea, so I am making it a point to visit those blogs she featured and pay it forward by following them. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cookies! They look great! I found you on 4youwithlove where I was featured too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful cookie recipe. Pecans are my favorite nut.. I could eat a bag at one seating!!! Thanks for sharing. I found your post in 4youwithlove where I was also featured. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Books by our Bloggers

ATA Girls Blog Hop: All People Creative Welcome!